Wed, Feb 6, 2013
Heather Michelle Cooksey, 27, an English teacher, was arrested Dec. 19 on charges that the Rapides Parish Sheriff’s Office said arose from a sexual relationship with a student. She again was arrested Jan. 22 on nine additional charges.
Cooksey, who is free on a $35,000 bond, is charged with:
- Four counts of felony carnal knowledge of a juvenile.’
- Two counts of felony carnal knowledge of a juvenile.
- Four counts of prohibited sexual conduct between an educator and a student.
- Two counts of sexual battery by fondling.
- One count of indecent behavior with a juvenile.
Cooksey’s resignation was effective Jan. 24. Her resignation was among 10 others accepted Tuesday night during a Rapides Parish School Board meeting. The other cases included o